Food Grade Phosphoric Acid Specifications
|Purchase Qty. (Tons)||FOB Price|
|10-19||US $1,190 / Ton|
|20+||US $890 / Ton|
2. Food grade. Industry grade
3. General Description: A clear colorless liquid or transparent crystalline solid. The pure solid melts at 42.35° C and has a density of 1.834 g / cm3. Liquid is usually an 85% aqueous solution. Shipped as both a solid and liquid. Corrosive to metals and tissue. Used in making fertilizers and detergents and in food processing.
4. Air & Water Reactions: Soluble in water with small release of heat.
5. Reactivity Profilep: Phosphorous acid reacts exothermically with bases. May react with active metals, including such structural metals as aluminum and iron, to release hydrogen, a flammable gas. Can initiate the polymerization of certain classes of organic compounds. Reacts with cyanide compounds to release gaseous. May generate flammable and/or toxic gases in contact with dithiocarbamates, isocyanates, mercaptans, nitrides, nitriles, sulfides, and strong reducing agents. Forms explosive mixture with nitromethane. Reacts violently with sodium tetrahydroborate. In the presence of chlorides can corrode stainless steel to form explosive hydrogen gas. Emits toxic and irritating fumes of oxides of phosphorus when heated to decomposition [Lewis, 3rd ED., 1993, p. 1029].
Used as cleaner for printed circuit, acidic flavoring for food, nutriment for yeast, also for use of producing different phosphates.
6. Health Hazard: Burns on mouth and lips, sour acrid taste, severe gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, difficult swallowing, severe abdominal pains, thirst, acidemia, difficult breathing, convulsions, collapse, shock, death.
7. Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc. ). Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
|Industry Grade||Food Grade|
|Excellent||Grade 1||Grade 2||Excellent||Grade 1||Grade 2|
|Content (H 3 P O 4 ), % ≥||85.0||85.0||85.0||75.0||75.0||75.0||75.0~86.0%|
|Chloride(Cl ), % ≤||0.0005||0.0005||0.001||0.0005||0.0005||0.001|
|Sulphates( SO 4 ), % ≤||0.003||0.005||0.01||0.003||0.005||0.01|
|Iron(Fe), % ≤||0.002||0.002||0.005||0.002||0.002||0.005|
|Ars enic (As), % ≤||0.0001||0.005||0.01||0.0001||0.005||0.01||0.00005|
|Arsenic (Pb), % ≤||0.001||0.001||0.05||0.001||0.001||0.05||0.0005|
|Heavy metals ( F), % ≤||0.0010|
|Easily oxidated matter( H 3 PO 3 ), % ≤||0.012|
|Usage||Phosphorous acid is used for reaction with inorganic and organic products, for water treatment, industrial and agricultural uses. It is also used to bleach industrial and cleaning supplies. Contact|