CAS No.: 9003-05-8
HS Code: 3906901000
Color: White granule or power
Min. Order: 20 metric tons
Direct manufacturer with lowest price
Packing: 25 kgs / paper bag (in kraft paper bag lined with polyethylene plastic film bag)
Delivery time: 2 days after get deposit
Polyacrylamide (IUPAC poly(2-propenamide) or poly(1-carbamoylethylene)) is a polymer (-CH2CHCONH2-) formed from acrylamide subunits. It can be synthesized as a simple linear-chain structure or cross-linked, typically using N, N'-methylenebisacrylamide. Polyacrylamide is not toxic. However, unpolymerized acrylamide, which is a neurotoxin, can be present in very small amounts in the polymerized acrylamide,  therefore it is recommended to handle it with caution. In the cross-linked form, the possibility of the monomer being present is reduced even further. It is highly water-absorbent, forming a soft gel when hydrated, used in such applications as polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and in manufacturing soft contact lenses. In the straight-chain form, it is also used as a thickener and suspending agent. More recently, it has been used as a subdermal filler for aesthetic facial surgery (see Aquamid).
Uses of polyacrylamide
1) One of the largest uses for polyacrylamide is to flocculate or coagulate solids in a liquid. This process applies to wastewater treatment, and processes like paper making. Most polyacrylamide is supplied in a liquid form. The liquid is subcategorized as solution and emulsion polymer. Even though these products are often called 'polyacrylamide', many are actually copolymers of acrylamide and one or more other chemical species, such as an acrylic acid or a salt thereof. The main consequence of this is to give the 'modified' polymer a particular ionic character.
2) The polymer is also used to make Gro-Beast toys, which expand when placed in water, such as the Test Tube Aliens. Similarly, the absorbent properties of one of its copolymers can be utilized as an additive in body-powder.
3) The ionic form of polyacrylamide has found an important role in the potable water treatment industry. Trivalent metal salts like ferric chloride and aluminium chloride are bridged by the long polymer chains of polyacrylamide. This results in significant enhancement of the flocculation rate. This allows water treatment plants to greatly improve the removal of total organic content (TOC) from raw water.
4) Polyacrylamide is often used in molecular biology applications as a medium for electrophoresis of proteins and nucleic acids in a technique known as PAGE.
5) Soil Conditioner, the primary functions of Polyacrylamide Soil Conditioners are to increase soil tilth, aeration, and porosity and reduce compaction, dustiness and water run-off. Secondary functions are to increase plant vigor, color, appearance, rooting depth and emergence of seeds while decreasing water requirements, diseases, erosion and maintenance expenses.
Concerns have been raised that polyacrylamide used in agriculture may contaminate food with the nerve toxin acrylamide. While polyacrylamide itself is relatively non-toxic, it is known that commercially available polyacrylamide contains minute residual amounts of acrylamide remaining from its production, usually less than 0.05% w/w.
Additionally, there are concerns that polyacrylamide may de-polymerise to form acrylamide. In a study conducted in 2003 at the Central Science Laboratory in Sand Hutton, England, polyacrylamide was treated similarly as food during cooking. It was shown that these conditions do not cause polyacrylamide to de-polymerise significantly. California requires (current as of 2010) products containing acrylamide as an ingredient to be labeled with a statement that it is "a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. "
|CAS number||9003-05-8 |
|Item/Model||Appearance||Molecularweight(thousand)||Solid content%||Lonic degree|
/Degree of hydrolysis(DH) %
|APAM||White granule or power||3000_ 22000||≥ 88||DH 10_ 35||≤ 0.2||Water PH value id neutral or alkaline|
|CPAM||White granule||5000-12000||≥ 88||Lonic degree|
|≤ 0.2|| |
|NPAM||White granule||2000_ 15000||≥ 88||DH 0-5||≤ 0.2||Water PH value is neutral or alkaline|
|ACPAM||White granule||5000_ 12000||≥ 88||Lonic degree|
|≤ 0.2|| |
|Color||White granule or power|
|Min. order||20 metric tons|
|Type||NPAM, APAM, CPAM, ACPAM|
|Packing||25 kgs / paper bag|
|Transportation||pay attention to sun, rain, moisture, dust|
|storage period||2 years|